This hands-on class will focus on field stripping, cleaning, inspection, and re-assembly of your firearm. Handguns, rifles, and shotguns are welcome. We will discuss safety and handling when cleaning, choices in cleaning supplies, parts inspections, proper lubrication, and function testing after assembly. Additionally, concepts of firearms safety, safe storage in the home, and storage in a vehicle are discussed.
1-4 hours, depending on attendance and the number of guns each person brings
What to bring:
IMPORTANT: This is NOT a shooting class. No ammunition will be permitted in or near the training area.
Required for each student
- Great attitude, willingness to have fun, and eagerness to learn!
- Eye protection: Shooting glasses, prescription glasses, sunglasses, or other suitable protective eyewear.
- Closed-toed, comfortable shoes.
- (optional) 1-2 firearms to be cleaned during the course. If you bring your own, I can teach you the specifics of your own equipment.
- (optional) If you own gun cleaning products, please bring them.