Basic Pistol (Private)
Aug 15th @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT$85
Aug 15This course will cover a wide variety of topics from types of handguns and their functionality to gear and gadget selection. This class is meant for ANYBODY who owns a gun, but has never had any formal training.
IMPORTANT: This is a two-part class. Please be sure to read details below.
If you own your own pistol, and you’re ready to start training … start here!
[note: Actual course time may vary depending on average student experience and desired training goals.]
Students are required to cancel at least 3 days in advance of a class date in order to receive a full refund. Classes cancelled less than 3 days before the class may be granted credit toward a future class.
What to Expect
Basic skills developed and topics covered at the range will include the following:
- Safe gun handling
- Trigger control
- Basic marksmanship
- Defensive accuracy
- Clearing malfunctions
- Gear & gadget review
What to bring
Required for each student
- Great attitude, willingness to have fun, and eagerness to learn!
- Head gear: Hat, ball cap, or other brimmed head-wear to protect you from the sun and potential flying/floating debris.
- Eye protection: Shooting glasses, prescription glasses, sunglasses, or other suitable tempered protective eyewear.
- Hearing protection: Ear plugs or ear muffs are required. Electronic ear muffs are preferred, for those who have access to them.
- IMPORTANT: Closed-toed, comfortable shoes. We will be standing a lot. Bring something comfortable, with a thick enough sole to protect your feet while walking on expended brass, gravel and/or dirt.
- Ammunition: At least 100 rounds for each gun you plan to fire.
(If you have issues obtaining ammunition, contact me for more options; at least 3 days prior to class.)
Hint … If you do not already own protective gear, and you do not want to buy everything right away, please let me know. I have a limited supply of loaner gear I can bring for you.
- Equipment: Any additional equipment you may have (speed loaders, extra magazines, holsters, etc.)
- Cool drinking water. We will be working outside. Regardless of the weather, you will need to be drinking to stay safe and healthy.
IMPORANT: Limit or avoid caffeine intake for 12hrs prior to training outdoors to prevent dehydration and heat related injuries.
- Sunscreen: We will have shade during breaks, but you will be exposed to the weather during all exercises.
- Comfortable seating: Range seating may be limited, and is rarely comfortable. Folding chairs are HIGHLY encouraged.
- Snacks: You will be burning calories. The range is a LONG way from the nearest convenience store or drive-thru. You will not be able to grab snacks once the class begins.