This Basic Shotgun course is a 4 hour course that covers all of the basics of purchasing, owning, operating, maintenance, and cleaning of a Shotgun.
This a great course for anyone who owns or is looking to purchase a shotgun. We will cover firearm safety, in the home and outside the home. Loading and unloading procedures. The basics of operating and understanding the functionality of your shotgun. We will also cover the basic principles of shooting your shotgun.
This class will give you a good foundation to build from in your future firearm endeavors!
What to bring:
IMPORTANT: This is a shooting class. If you have your own rifle(s), please bring one or more. If you do NOT have your own, I will provide a limited assortment to be shared amongst participants.
Required for each student
- Great attitude, willingness to have fun, and eagerness to learn!
- Hat, ball cap, or other brimmed head-wear to protect you from the sun and potential flying/floating debris.
- Eye protection: Shooting glasses, prescription glasses, sunglasses, or other suitable tempered protective eyewear.
- Hearing protection: Ear plugs or ear muffs are required. Electronic ear muffs are preferred, for those who have access to them.
- Closed-toed, comfortable shoes. We will be standing a lot. Bring something comfortable, with a thick enough sole to protect your feet while walking on gravel and/or dirt.
- Ammunition for each gun you plan to fire. If you do not have your own gun(s), I will provide limited ammunition for the selection I bring. Additional ammunition will be available for purchase at the clubhouse.
Important: any ammunition purchased at the clubhouse must be shot or left behind. State law prohibits taking left-over ammunition home from this range. So, we will make every effort to SHOOT IT ALL!
Hint … If you do not already own protective gear, and you do not want to buy everything right away, please arrive early enough to rent protective gear from the club house prior to training.
Their supply is limited, so earlier is better.
- Cool drinking water. We will be working outside. Regardless of the weather, you will need to be drinking to stay safe and healthy.
IMPORANT: Limit or avoid caffeine intake for 12hrs prior to training outdoors to prevent dehydration and heat related injuries.
- Sunscreen: We will have limited cover and you will be exposed to considerable sun.
- Comfortable seating: The range has limited seating available. It will be insufficient to seat all of us, and it will not be comfortable. Folding chairs are HIGHLY encouraged.
- Snacks and/or lunch: You will be burning a lot of calories. The range is a LONG way from the nearest convenience store or drive-thru. You will not be able to grab snacks once the class begins. The clubhouse has limited snacks if you forget, but arrive early enough.
- Any training material that was not 100% clear to you, so we can review it with you and clarify anything you did not fully understand.