Defensive Shooting Fundamentals will guide you through the steps you’ll need to take to go from just sending rounds downrange to actually training in specific, tested methods of armed self-defense. From stance to grip to physical shooting technique, Defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 1 will help you hone the edge on your inner warrior expert. You’ll get your body working with your gun instead of against it, you’ll learn which intuitive skills work best with what your body will naturally do while under stress in a combat situation, and you’ll learn to apply this information simply and effectively – regardless of your skill level.
What to bring:
Required for each student
- Great attitude, willingness to have fun, and eagerness to learn!
- Protective Headgear: Hat, ball cap, or other brimmed head covering to protect you from the sun and potential flying/floating debris.
- Eye protection: Shooting glasses, prescription glasses, sunglasses, or other suitable tempered protective eyewear.
- Hearing protection: Ear plugs or ear muffs are required. Electronic ear muffs are preferred, for those who have access to them.
- Closed-toed, comfortable shoes: We will be standing a lot. Bring something comfortable, with a thick enough sole to protect your feet while walking on gravel and/or dirt.
- Handgun: Defensive pistol (semi-automatic OR revolver).
- Holster: Outside the waistband holster for your defensive pistol.
- Loading devices: 3 magazines (semi-autos) or 1-3 rapid loaders (revolver) for your training gun.
- Ammunition: 300 – 500 rounds of training ammunition for your defensive pistol.
(NOTE: Due to changes in California law regarding ammunition sales, students will need to purchase all ammunition prior to arrival at the range. The range does not have any ammunition for sale.)
- Cool drinking water: We will be working outside. Regardless of the weather, you will need to be drinking to stay safe and healthy.
- IMPORANT: Limit or avoid caffeine intake for 12hrs prior to training outdoors to prevent dehydration and heat related injuries.
- Sunscreen: We will have limited cover and you will be exposed to considerable sun.
- Comfortable seating: The range has limited or no seating available. Folding chairs are HIGHLY encouraged.
- Snacks and/or lunch: You will be burning a lot of calories. The range is a LONG way from the nearest convenience store or drive-thru. You will not have time to buy food or drink once the class begins.
- Any training material that was not 100% clear to you, so we can review it with you and clarify anything you did not fully understand.